OSD – School Cafeteria Manager
Position: 6 Hour-Cook
Department: Ozark School District
Reports To: Kitchen Manager
The Cook is responsible for preparing and serving attractive, nutritionally balanced meals for the children. This
position is responsible for maintaining high standards of quality food production and portion control using
standard recipes and for appropriate quantities of food needed to meet menu requirements. The Cook is also
responsible; including but not limited to cleaning, sanitizing and heavy lifting. This position also performs a
variety of tasks such as sweeping, mopping, and maintaining refrigerators, freezers and storerooms in a neat
and clean order.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Food Preparation and Serving
• Under direction of the Kitchen Supervisor, plans, prepares and serves attractive and nutritionally
balanced meals for the children, promoting and reinforcing good nutritional habits; trying new foods,
portion control and a balanced diet.
• Adhere to ingredients, measurements and cooking methods as stated on the recipes to meet the
• Ensure that food supplies are securely stored.
• Wearing proper cooking attire (i.e. apron, hat or hair net, gloves, etc.).
• Using proper dishwashing methods.
• Cleaning kitchen areas after each meal is served.
• Assist the Kitchen Manager with ordering food and supplies as necessary.
• Willing to learn the POS system and depositing money.
• Must be able to adapt to changes in work duties assigned.
• Attend staff training as necessary or required.
• Attend appropriate staff meetings as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• School lunch experience desirable.
• Any food service experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
• Knowledge of and ability to apply basic food preparation methods.
• Ability to maintain all equipment used in cooking, food preparation, food storage and
cleaning/sanitation in a safe and efficient manner.
• Ability to adapt to changes (i.e. food substitutions and numbers served).
• Good written and oral communications skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to make independent decisions in a logical, responsible and compassionate manner.
• Knowledge of basic mathematics, including addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and talk or
hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Information: Contact Rushia Weeks CND at 479-667-0404 or email@example.com