SCHOOL BUS ROUTE DRIVER
The duties of a school bus driver for the Ozark School District include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Operate a school bus by assessing traffic and road conditions, monitoring student behavior and other factors necessary to safely deliver student passengers to and from school by adhering to state laws and school district policies. Drivers will be evaluated on driving and student management skills annually.
2. Responsible for making stops at authorized locations and transporting only authorized passengers.
3. Performs bus safety pre-trip inspections as required by law to assure proper vehicle working condition. Maintains all safety equipment. Drivers will be evaluated on pre-trip inspections annually.
4. Communicates to director/mechanics all defects and maintenance needs. Performs post-trip inspection to check for vandalism, lost articles or sleeping students.
5. Performs bus evacuations as assigned. Reports all stop arm violations to the Transportation Director. Responsible to assure the safety of all students entering and exiting the bus by stopping all traffic in accordance with state law.
6. Monitors student behavior and provides written reports for all incidents of misconduct to the Transportation Director.
7. Maintains a safe and sanitary bus environment for students by sweeping and sanitizing the interior daily.
8. Attends any in-service meeting and completes all certification training, driver’s license testing, and special education training as required.
9. Performs daily record keeping activities such as pre-trip inspection forms, route surveys and route maps if applicable.
10. Performs tasks as apparent or assigned.
Please apply online at www.ozarkhillbillies.org or contact Assistant Superintendent Mr. Jordan Price. 479-667-4118.