JOB TITLE: School Custodian
REPORTS TO: Building & Grounds Supervisor/Principal
Under the direction of the Building & Grounds Supervisor/Principal, this position is responsible for performing janitorial duties for Ozark Public Schools as laid out on the performance schedules for each building. Knowledge or willingness to learn proper cleaning techniques is essential.
Job responsibilities/functions include performing the daily, biweekly, & weekly maintenance schedules
The following are summaries of those tasks:
● Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping of flooring.
● Clean and sanitize bathrooms.
● Restock supplies in bathrooms.
● Empty all trash cans and replace liners, clean receptacles as necessary.
● Maintain janitorial areas (storage rooms, closets, etc.) in a clean, organized, and safe manner.
● Maintain janitorial equipment in a clean, safe, and operable manner.
● Proper dilution and use of all chemicals.
● Wearing of proper personal protective equipment at needed times (safety glasses, gloves, etc)
● General maintenance of grounds.
● Notify Supervisor concerning the need for repairs to operating systems or equipment.
● Requisition supplies and equipment as needed to perform essential functions.
● Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours.
● Other routine maintenance duties as assigned
The work requires routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying items weighing less than fifty pounds. Moving items over fifty pounds utilizes a team lift or a two wheel dolly.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
● Good communication and interpersonal skills.
● Good customer service skills.
● Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
● Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
● Ability to work effectively with a team.
● Ability to work independently as needed to support the group effort.
● Basic knowledge of cleaning products or willingness to learn.
● High School Diploma, GED, or further Technical Training applicable to the job
● Six months or more related experience. Mechanical aptitude helpful.
● Valid Driver’s License required or the willingness to obtain within one fiscal year