Family and Consumer Sciences
Ozark High School/Junior High School
Reports To: Principal(s)
Length of Contract: 190 days
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Arkansas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned
Knowledge of subjects assigned
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
At least one year of student teaching or approved internship. The Board may find appropriate and acceptable alternatives to the above qualifications.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Demonstrate relentless commitment to academic achievement of all students.
2. Demonstrate effective customer service strategies to all district patrons.
3. Foster collegiality and team building among staff; encourage their active involvement in the decision-making process.
4. Communicate and promote expectation for high-level performance from students; hold students accountable for high performance; recognize excellence and achievement.
5. Articulate a clear direction for all students and staff; articulate a positive image of the school district and school district personnel.
6. Establish & maintain an orderly & supportive classroom environment in which students actively participate & show respect for one another and the teacher.
7. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
8. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
9. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by board policies and administrative regulations.
10. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
11. Assess, track, and provide feedback promptly and often to students on their progress and assignments and maintain record of grades.
12. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
13. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
14. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
15. Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
16. Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
17. Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
18. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
19. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
20. Be a positive role model for students and support the mission of school district.
21. Manage student behavior in accordance with the student handbook.
22. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
23. Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
24. Establish and maintain open communication with parents and students concerning academic and behavioral progress of students.
25. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members to establish a positive learning environment.
26. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
27. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
28. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
29. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
30. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
31. Assume responsibility for assigned non-teaching duties.
32. Participate in activities which are related to school functions and/or educational process which occur outside the regular school day.
33. Maximize time when students are on task and ensure that instructional activities are clearly related to district goals.
34. Other duties assigned by principals.
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress
Physical Demands: Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing; move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.
Contact: Jordan Price, OHS Principal at 667-4116 or Jordan.Price@ozarkhillbillies.org