Secondary Science Teacher
Ozark Junior High School and Ozark High School are currently seeking highly qualified candidates to fill the position of secondary Science teacher.
This position provides classroom instruction to junior high/high school students in the area of science including but not limited to:
- Physical Science
- Environmental Science
- AP Chemistry
- Plan, prepare, and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students' varying needs
- Use relevant technology to support instruction
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignment and provide appropriate feedback on work
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures
- Participate in department and school meetings, parent meetings, and evening events as assigned by the principal
- Continue to grow as a professional by attending in-service professional development activities
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- Supervise students outside of class as assigned by the principal
Skilled in selecting and using appropriate resources and technology for productivity and instruction.
In addition to a Bachelor’s or other qualifying degree, a valid teaching license in the appropriate content and age level is required.