Ozark School District
Speech - Language Pathologist
Application Deadline: Posted until filled
Reports to: Principal and Special Education Supervisor
Work Schedule: 200 day contract
Assess and treat students with speech, language, voice, and fluency disorders. May select alternative communication systems and teach their use. Perform research related to speech and language disorders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of district, state, and federal regulations and guidelines of IDEA.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills of therapy.
- Establish goals for the therapy program appropriate to the setting and the students served.
- Develop a progressive therapy program, integrated with the regular school program, by collaborating with teachers and administrators.
- Provide individualized and small group treatment to students diagnosed with a speech/language deficit.
- Leading / participating in the development of a Student Evaluation Plan that ensures student assessment in all areas of suspected disability.
- Completing integrated evaluation report within 45 days for a re-evaluation and 60 days of receipt of referral packet for an initial evaluation which will include parent signed permission to evaluate
- Collaborating with the Special Education Supervisor to comply with evaluation requirements of all state level special education regulations and requirements.
Skills and Abilities
- Master’s Degree Required, Speech Language Pathology Certificate of Clinical Competency Preferred for this position.
- Previous experience as a speech-language pathologist preferred.
- Must have Arkansas Educators License with appropriate certification.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background checks.