High School Competition Cheer Coach
Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in Game Day competition cheerleader (spirit) techniques to prepare them for events. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
Maintain all training and requirements for certification set forth by the Arkansas Activities Association for spirit coach/advisor. https://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Coaches_Education/2019-20Teacher-CoachVeriForm.pdf
- Works with cheerleaders during practices and events.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages students to participate.
- Assesses skills and assigns team positions.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the athletics director/Principal in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Coaches and instructs cheerleaders, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes cheerleaders, during events and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of students at all times.
- Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an injury.
- Conferences with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the performance of their student.
- Follows state regulations governing the program.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards cheerleaders, officials, and spectators.
- Acts as a team representative and promotes cheerleading by communicating with the news media, booster clubs, service clubs, and other organizations.
- Follows established procedures for supplies and uniforms.
- Maintains eligibility forms, emergency information, equipment inventory, and other related records.
- Models non discriminatory practices in all activities.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Attends staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal & Athletic Director or other appropriate administrators.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The coach will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal & Athletic Director or appropriate administrator. Ozark Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.